Regular courses are normally held Monday evenings and Saturday mornings. A typical course consists of five weekly classes, each lasting 2hours 30mins for a maximum of five couples at my home in St Brelade.
Occasional extra courses and refresher courses for mums returning for their second or subsequent HypnoBirth can be arranged.
You will see HypnoBirthing films showing labouring mothers awake and in good humour as they experience a kind of gentle birth that you too can know when you are free of the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome. HypnoBirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to unnecessary pain.
- You will become competent in self-hypnosis techniques, visualisation and breathing exercises.
- You will learn techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
- You will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles work in perfect harmony- as they were designed to- when your body is sufficiently relaxed
- You will learn how to use your natural birthing instincts for a calm, serene and more comfortable birthing.
Included with the course is the 4th edition HypnoBirthing The Mongan Method book, a definitive guide for a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing in the way that most mirrors nature. It is the textbook used by clients in HypnoBirthing classes but is not designed to replace the comprehensive instruction you will receive by attending an authorised HypnoBirthing course.
- The birth of natural childbirth.
- The birth of HypnoBirthing.
- The philosophy of HypnoBirthing.
- A history of women and birthing.
- How fear effects labour.
- The power of the mind.
- Preparing your mind and body for success.
- Breathing techniques.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Visualisation techniques.
- Deepening techniques.
- Caring for and preparing your body.
- Planning your baby’s birth.
- Labour and the role of the birthing companion.
- The early post-natal days.
Also included with the course is an online library of scripts, music and narrations.